North Dakota 2008 ballot measures
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Two of the measures were approved and three were defeated.
On the ballot
|Constitutional Measure 1||Legislature||Removes prohibition on appointing a member of the Legislative Assembly to state offices established by the state’s constitution||
|Constitutional Measure 1||Gov't Finances||Establishes permanent oil tax trust fund from oil and gas tax revenue exceeding 100 million dollars per biennium||
|CISS||Initiated Statutory Measure 2||Taxes||Lowers corporate income tax rates 15 percent, resident and nonresident tax rates by 50 percent||
|CISS||Initiated Statutory Measure 3||Tobacco||Establishes tobacco prevention and control advisory committee||
|CISS||Initiated Statutory Measure 4||Admin of Gov't||Makes Workforce Safety and Insurance agency director appointed by Governor||
Filed signatures but failed to make ballot
|CISS||Captive Hunting of Exotic and Native Game Animals||Hunt & Fish||Makes it a crime to receive payment for killing or attempting killing of privately owned big game species||Filed signatures, but insufficient number were valid|
- Endorsements of North Dakota ballot measures, 2008
- 2008 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- National Council of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |