North Dakota 2010 ballot measures
Two ballot measures were appeared on the November 4, 2010 ballot in North Dakota.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- One of the measures was approved and one was defeated.
The signature filing deadline for the June 8 ballot in North Dakota was March 10 and the deadline for the November 2 ballot was prior to midnight on August 4, 2010. Of the ten proposed initiatives, only two initiatives filed petitions with the North Dakota Secretary of State. One initiative was certified.
On the ballot
|Constitutional Measure 1||Gov't Finance||Creates a state legacy fund for the deposit of certain oil and gas tax revenues in the fund||
|CISS||Initiated Statutory Measure 2||Hunt & Fish||Bans fenced hunting such as game preserves where people pay to shoot big-game animals||
Not on the ballot
|Tobacco Settlement Constitutional Amendment||Tobacco||Overturn North Dakota Tobacco Use Prevention and Control Program Petition (2008)||not filed|
|Healthcare Freedom Act||Healthcare||Prohibits rules against participation in specific health care|
|CISS||Alcohol Tax Increase Initiative||Alcohol||Taxes on beer, wine and liquor|
|CISS||Read Bills Before Vote Initiative||Admin of gov't||Requires lawmakers to swear they've read a bill before they vote to approve it|
|Term Limits Amendment||Term limits||Would limit legislators and executive branch office holders to two terms|
|Property Tax Amendment||Taxes||Eliminates property taxes as a source of state revenue|
|CISS||Abortion Instrument Ban||Abortion||Would ban the use of instruments that would decapitate or crush the skull of a fetus|
|Religious Freedom Amendment||Religion||Prohibits gov't from burdening person or organization from religious liberty|
|CISS||Fireworks Referendum||Business||Would allow bottle rocket sales to people older than 17|
|Redistricting Amendment||Redistricting||Would require that legislative district lines be drawn by an independent commission|
|CISS||Pharmacy Ownership Repeal||Healthcare||Repeals the provision that requires pharmacies to be majority-owned by pharmacists|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2010
- Endorsements of North Dakota ballot measures, 2010
- 2010 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- State Legacy Fund succeeds while Hunting Ban falls in North Dakota
- North Dakota fielding a slim ballot with only 2 measures
- North Dakota officials finalize 2010 ballot following court ruling
- Two initiatives meet North Dakota petition drive deadline
- North Dakota's petition drive deadline is only weeks away
- No ballot measures on the North Dakota primary ballot this year
- North Dakota ballot measures web portal
- National Council of State Legislatures, State Ballot Measures Database
- The Bismark Tribune,"Voters to decide on two measures," September 12, 2010
- The Bismark Tribune,"Petitions seek to put six measures on ballot," April 1, 2010
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |