North Dakota Alcohol Tax Increase Initiative (2012)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
According to the filed proposal, tax increases included:
- six-pack of beer 9 cents to 14 cents
- wine (1 liter) 2.3 cents increase
- whiskey, vodka or other liquors (1 liter) 9 cents increase
- keg of beer 8 cents to 17 cents per gallon
A portion of the allocated tax revenues would have been be dedicated to the "Prevention Advisory Council on Drugs and Alcohol."
Path to the ballot
- See also: North Dakota signature requirements
In order to place the proposed measure on the 2010 ballot, supporters were required to collect a minimum of 12,844 valid signatures from North Dakota voters by August 4, 2010. However, by petition deadline day, supporters failed to collect and submit sufficient signatures.