North Dakota Corporation Voting and Regulation, Constitutional Measure 2 (2006)
The North Dakota Corporation Voting and Regulation Referendum, also known as Constitutional Measure 2, was on the June 13, 2006 ballot in North Dakota as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure authorized the legislative assembly to provide by law for the regulation of business corporations, to update older language to present-day practice, to remove obsolete provisions related to railroads and banking and to permit corporations the option of determining the voting procedures for board of director candidates.
|North Dakota Constitutional Measure 2 (2006)|
Election results via: North Dakota Secretary of State, Official Vote of Primary Election, 2006
Text of measure
- See also: North Dakota Constitution, Article XII
The language appeared on the ballot as:
This constitutional measure would amend certain sections and repeal other sections of Article XII of the North Dakota Constitution.
This measure would authorize the legislative assembly to provide by law for the regulation of business corporations; update older language to present-day practice; remove obsolete provisions related to railroads and banking; and permit corporations the option of determining the voting procedures for board of director candidates.
YES – This means you approve the measure as summarized above.
NO – This means you reject the measure as summarized above. 
The full text of the amended constitutional language can be read here.
Path to the ballot
Constitutional Measure 2 was placed on the ballot by action of the 2005 North Dakota Legislative Assembly with the passage of House Concurrent Resolution No. 3055 (2005 Session Laws, Ch. 623), which can be read here.
- North Dakota 2006 ballot measures
- 2006 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- National Conference of State Legislatures State Ballot Measures Database
- 59th Legislative Assembly of North Dakota In Regular Session Commencing Tuesday, January 4, 2005 HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION NO. 3055
- North Dakota Secretary of State Archived Election Results, "Primary Election Results - 2006," accessed March 31, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "ANALYSIS OF THE STATEWIDE MEASURES APPEARING ON THE BALLOT JUNE 8, 2004," accessed March 31, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Ballot Language Measure 2," accessed March 31, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |