For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
North Dakota Corporation Voting and Rights Referendum, Constitutional Measure 1 (2004)
The North Dakota Corporation Voting and Rights Referendum, also known as Constitutional Measure 1, was on the June 8, 2004 ballot in North Dakota as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have allowed corporations to adopt bylaws that may include the same right then available to cooperative associations to limit voting for the election of directors. It also would have removed the requirement that existing stockholders consent to the issuance of additional stock.
|North Dakota Constitutional Measure 1 (2004)|
Election results via: North Dakota Secretary of State, Official Vote of Primary Election, 2004
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
This constitutional measure would amend sections 6 and 9 of article XII of the North Dakota Constitution.
This measure would allow corporations to adopt bylaws that may include the same right now available to cooperative associations to limit voting for the election of directors and would remove the requirement that existing stockholders consent to the issuance of additional stock.
A “YES” vote means you approve the measure as summarized above.
A “NO” vote means you reject the measure as summarized above. 
The measure would have made the following changes to Section 6 and Section 9 of Article XII of the North Dakota Constitution with the crossed out text being removed and the underlined text being added:
|Section 6. In all elections for directors |
- North Dakota 2004 ballot measures
- 2004 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly 2003 Session Laws
- National Conference of State Legislatures State Ballot Measures Database
- North Dakota Secretary of State Archived Election Results, "Primary Election Results - 2004," accessed March 31, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "ANALYSIS OF THE STATEWIDE MEASURES APPEARING ON THE BALLOT JUNE 8, 2004," accessed March 31, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "CONSTITUTIONAL MEASURE NO. 1 (Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 4013, 2003 Session Laws, Ch. 578)," accessed March 31, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly, "Fifty-eighth Legislative Assembly of North Dakota In Regular Session Commencing Tuesday, January 7, 2003 SENATE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION NO. 4013," accessed March 31, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|