For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
North Dakota Election of County Officers, Constitutional Measure 1 (2002)
The North Dakota Election of County Officers Referendum, also known as Constitutional Measure 1, was on the June 11, 2002 ballot in North Dakota as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure permitted the legislative assembly to provide for the election of a county elective officer, other than the sheriff, to serve more than one county.
|North Dakota Measure 1 (2002)|
Election results via: North Dakota Secretary of State, Official Vote of Primary Election, 2002
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Constitutional Measure No. 1 would amend section 8 of article VII of the Constitution of North Dakota. The measure would permit the legislative assembly to provide for the election of a county elective officer, other than the sheriff, to serve more than one county, and removes the requirement that a candidate for county office, other than sheriff, be a county resident at the time of election.
__ A “YES” vote means you approve the measure as summarized above.
__ A “NO” vote means you reject the measure as summarized above. 
|Section 8. Each county shall provide for law enforcement, administrative and fiscal services, recording and registration services, educational services, and any other governmental services or functions as may be provided by law. Any elective office provided for by the counties shall be for a term of four years. Elective officers shall be elected by the electors in the jurisdiction in which the elected officer is to serve. A candidate for election for sheriff must be a resident in the jurisdiction in which |
- North Dakota 2002 ballot measures
- 2002 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly 2003 Session Laws
- National Conference of State Legislatures State Ballot Measures Database
- North Dakota Secretary of State Archived Election Results, "Primary Election Results - 2002," accessed March 31, 2014
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly, "2003 Session Laws, CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS APPROVED," accessed March 31, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "CONSTITUTIONAL MEASURE NO. 1 (Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 4052, 2001 North Dakota Session Laws, Ch. 595)," accessed March 31, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|