For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
North Dakota Peoples Control of Healthcare Costs Initiative, Measure 4 (1978)
The North Dakota Peoples Control of Healthcare Costs Initiative, also known as Measure 4, was on the November 7, 1978 ballot in North Dakota as an initiated state statute, where it was defeated.
The measure would have reduced the size and changed the membership requirements of the state health council. It also required that the chief state health officer must be at least 25 years old, but they did not need to be a physician. The position's salary would be set by the governor and could not exceed the governor's salary. The office would be in charge of setting maximum health service charges.
Additionally, the measure would have had the Commissioner of Insurance investigate health care and develop a plan to improve and extend insurance coverage in the state. Such a plan would have been submitted to the voters at the next general election.
|North Dakota Measure 4 (1978)|
Election results via: North Dakota Secretary of State, Official Vote of General Election, 1978
Text of measure
The full text of the measure can be read here.
- North Dakota 1978 ballot measures
- 1978 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- The New Salem Journal, Sample Ballot, General Election
- I&R Institute ballot measure database for North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State Archived Election Results, "General Election Results - 1978," accessed March 21, 2014
- Initiative and Referendum Institute, "North Dakota Statewide Initiatives," accessed March 20, 2014
- The New Salem Journal, "Sample Ballot, General Election," October 25, 1978 accessed March 21, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|