North Dakota Multi-State Lottery, Initiated Constitutional Measure 2 (2002)
The North Dakota Multi-State Lottery Initiative, also known as Initiated Constitutional Measure 2, was on the November 5, 2002 ballot in North Dakota as an initiated constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure directed the Legislative Assembly to authorize the state to join a multi-state lottery for the benefit of the state.
|North Dakota Measure (2002)|
Election results via: North Dakota Secretary of State, Official Vote of General Election, 2002
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Initiated Constitutional Measure No. 2 would amend Article XI, Section 25 of the North Dakota Constitution by directing the legislative assembly to authorize the state to join a multi-state lottery for the benefit of the state.
_____ A “YES” vote means you approve the measure as summarized above.
|Section 25. The legislative assembly shall not authorize any game of chance, lottery, or gift enterprises, under any pretense, or for any purpose whatever. However, the legislative assembly shall authorize the State of North Dakota to join a multi-state lottery for the benefit of the State of North Dakota, and, the legislative assembly may authorize by law bona fide nonprofit veterans’, charitable, educational, religious, or fraternal organizations, civic and service clubs, or such other public-spirited organizations as it may recognize, to conduct games of chance when the entire net proceeds of such games of chance are to be devoted to educational, charitable, patriotic, fraternal, religious, or other public-spirited uses.|
- North Dakota 2002 ballot measures
- 2002 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly 2003 Session Laws
- National Conference of State Legislatures State Ballot Measures Database
- North Dakota Secretary of State Archived Election Results, "General Election Results - 2002," accessed March 31, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "FULL TEXT OF THE MEASURE INITIATED CONSTITUTIONAL MEASURE NO. 2," accessed March 31, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Ballot Language Measure 2," accessed March 31, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |