North Dakota Oaths of Office Amendment, Measure 2 (2012)
|Oaths of Office Amendment|
|Constitution:||Article XI, Section 4|
|Referred by:||North Dakota State Legislature|
|Topic:||Administration of government|
The measure was sponsored by Rep. Tom Conklin.
- See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
|North Dakota Measure 2|
Officials results obtained from the North Dakota Secretary of State.
Text of measure
The official ballot text read as follows:
Constitutional Measure No. 2
(House Concurrent Resolution No. 3009, 2011 Session Laws, Ch. 521)
This constitutional measure would amend and reenact section 4 of Article Xl of the North Dakota Constitution. This measure would require members of the executive branch of state government to take the oath of office as prescribed in this section.
YES — means you approve the measure summarized above.
NO — means you reject the measure summarized above.
Article XI, Section 4 would be amended to read:
| Text of Section 4:
Members of the legislative assembly and the executive and judicial
No formal support was identified.
No formal opposition was identified.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Amending the North Dakota Constitution
The following is a timeline of events surrounding the measure:
|Approval||Mar. 30, 2011||Measure was approved by the House following a vote of 88-4.|
|Final Approval||Apr. 12, 2011||The Senate gave the final approval with a vote of 44-3.|
| By Eric Veram|
Ballot measure writer
|Email • Submit a link|
- ↑ Associated Press,"ND constitutional amendment says governor, exec branch officials must take oaths of office," April 12, 2011
- ↑ North Dakota Secretary of State,"Ballot measure 2," retrieved September 19, 2012
- ↑ North Dakota Legislature,"HCR 3009 full text," retrieved April 20, 2011
- ↑ North Dakota Legislature,"HCR 3009 actions," retrieved April 20, 2011