North Dakota Workers' Compensation Permanent Impairment Awards, Measure 9 (1996)
The North Dakota Workers' Compensation Permanent Impairment Awards Referendum, also known as Measure 9, was on the June 11, 1996 ballot in North Dakota as a legislatively-referred state statute, where it was approved. The measure establishes minimum impairments in workers compensation laws and changed the awards for differing degrees of impairment.
|North Dakota Measure 9 (1996)|
Election results via: North Dakota Secretary of State, Official Vote of Primary Election, 1996
Text of measure
The measure was recorded in the 1997 Session Laws as follows:
Approval by referendum of Senate Bill No. 2202 of the Fifty-fourth Legislative Assembly, which revised statutory provisions for workers' compensation permanent partial impairment awards. The bill established a minimum level of 16 percent impairment before any permanent partial impairment award may be made for a work injury. The bill increased permanent partial impairment awards for injuries resulting in more than 50 percent impairment. The bill required objective medical evidence of nerve or structural damage for injuries resulting in loss of strength, sensation, or range of motion. The bill required review by an independent physician when there is a dispute about the percentage of an injured employee's permanent impairment. The bill repealed the schedule of awards for loss of specific body members.
- North Dakota 1996 ballot measures
- 1996 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State Archived Election Results, "Primary Election Results - 1996," accessed March 28, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures, "State Ballot Measures Database," accessed March 28, 2014
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly, "1997 Session Laws, CHAPTER 566 WORKERS' COMPENSATION PERMANENT IMPAIRMENT AWARDS," accessed March 28, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|