North Dakota State Militia, Constitutional Measure 1 (2006)
The North Dakota State Militia Referendum, also known as Constitutional Measure 1, was on the June 13, 2006 ballot in North Dakota as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure removed obsolete age and gender references related to the state’s reserve militia and designate the state’s national guard as the active militia. The measure amended Section 16 of Article XI of the North Dakota Constitution.
|North Dakota Constitutional Measure 1|
Election results via: [North Dakota Secretary of State, Official Vote of Primary Election, 2006
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
This constitutional measure would amend section 16 of Article XI of the North Dakota Constitution.
This measure would remove obsolete age and gender references related to the state’s reserve militia and designate the state’s national guard as the active militia.
YES – This means you approve the measure as summarized above.
NO – This means you reject the measure as summarized above. 
|Section 16. The reserve militia of this state |
Path to the ballot
Constitutional Measure 1 was placed on the ballot by action of the 2005 North Dakota Legislative Assembly with the passage of Senate Concurrent Resolution No. 4012 (2005 Session Laws, Ch. 622). The full text of legislation can be read here.
- North Dakota 2006 ballot measures
- 2006 ballot measures
- List of North Dakota ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in North Dakota
- North Dakota Secretary of State, Archived Election Results
- National Conference of State Legislatures State Ballot Measures Database
- 59th Legislative Assembly of North Dakota In Regular Session Commencing Tuesday, January 4, 2005 SENATE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION NO. 4012
- North Dakota Secretary of State Archived Election Results, "Primary Election Results - 2006," accessed March 31, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "ANALYSES OF THE STATEWIDE MEASURES APPEARING ON THE BALLOT JUNE 13, 2006," accessed March 31, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Ballot Language Measure 1," accessed March 31, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly, "CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS APPROVED," accessed March 31, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |