This page displays links to election results for November 5, 2013, ballot measures and also federal, state and school board officials.
Stay current with election news and Ballotpedia election coverage by checking the Elections portal throughout the year.
General election preview articles are available here.
- There are 31 ballot measures on six state ballots for 2013: Colorado, Maine, New Jersey, New York, Texas and Washington.
- Ballotpedia is tracking 111 local ballot measures in six states for 2013: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Ohio and Washington.
- The top 5 most important measures for 2013 are:
- With U.S. Congress elections only being held on even years, only special elections to fill vacant seats have been held in 2013.
- Five general special elections have occurred. None of the seats saw a partisan switch.
- Races to watch:
- On November 5, Alabama's 1st Congressional District, which leans heavily Republican, will hold a runoff primary election. This will likely be more competitive than the general election, with a Republican nominee being favored to win the general.
- In addition to Alabama's 1st general election on December 17, there will be two more special elections to finish off 2013:
- 2 states held state executive official elections on November 5, 2013.
- A total of 5 state executive seats were up for election in New Jersey and Virginia.
- A grand total of three states had scheduled elections in 2013: New Jersey, Virginia and Wisconsin.
- In total, 220 (3%) of the country's 7,383 state legislative seats were up for re-election.
- As of July 2013, 84 special elections (not including runoffs) have been scheduled in 23 states.