For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oak Brook, Illinois
- Main article: Evaluation of Illinois city websites
|Transparency grading process|
- Contact information for administrative officials is posted.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are available.
- Information on how to file a public records request is posted.
- The current budget is posted. Previous budgets are also available.
- Annual audits are available for review.
- Oak Brook posts its check register online.
- Local tax information is provided.
- Building permits and zoning ordinances are posted.
- Contracts and bids are posted online.
- Contact information for elected village officials is not posted, although some information on trustees is available.
- Oak Brook does not disclose on its website any public funded lobbying efforts.
Public employee salaries
Oak Brook Village President John Craig and his wife collect four different city pensions which come to $142,000 annually.
The Illinois Senate passed a bill to repeal a provision in a 2007 pension law that would have allowed the former Oak Brook Chief of Police to collect a $750,000 annual pension, much higher than his final salary, according to a press release from Illinois Senator Kirk Dillard. The 2007 law included a one-time, six-month window that allowed former Oak Brook Police Chief Thomas Sheahan to transfer credits from a Municipal Employees’ Annuity and Benefit Fund of Chicago (MEABF) into the Sheriff's Law Enforcement Personnel program within the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF). Sheahan was to receive benefits based on one $77,000 pension, instead of two pensions that add up to $45,000 a year. Sheahan was the only person in the state to benefit from the provision.
- Main article: Illinois government sector lobbying
- Public Records
- Older Budgets
- Check Register
- Elected Officials
- Better Government Association, Oak Brook Village Pres., Wife Collect $142K from 4 Pensions, Jan. 11, 2011
- Daily Herald, Senate targets former Oak Brook chief’s pension, May 26, 2012
- Governments Lobbying State Government, Illinois Campaign for Political Reform, 2010 (dead link) (PDF)