Oak Park Unified School District bond proposition, Measure R (November 2008)
November 4, 2008 ballot for voters in the Oak Park Unified School District in Ventura County, California, where it was approved.
Measure R authorized the school district to borrow $29.455 million.
A 55 percent supermajority vote was required for approval.
- These election results are from the Ventura County elections office.
The question on the ballot:
|Measure R: "To support high quality education in Oak Park schools by repairing, renovating and improving aging facilities; repairing water damage and failing roofs; removing hazardous materials; making schools earthquake safe; replacing outdated fire and security systems; and improving classrooms to modern safety and instructional standards; shall Oak Park Unified School District issue $29,445,000 in bonds at lawful interest rates, with mandatory annual audits and independent citizens’ oversight of all expenditures, and no bond funds for administrators?"|
- California 2008 local ballot measures
- School bond elections in California
- California school bond elections, November 2008, ranked by amount requested
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.