Oakland County, Michigan
- Main article: Evaluation of Michigan county websites
This website was reviewed on April 20, 2012.
- Budgets and audits are posted.
- Archives of meeting minutes and agendas are posted.
- Contact information for the Commissioners is available.
- Phone numbers for the other County officials and departments can be found in the County Directory..
- Contracts, bids, and RFP's are searchable online.
- Building permits are payable online.
- Community zoning ordinances are posted.
- Taxes may be paid online. Millage rates are published within budget documents.
- Administrative email addresses are not provided.
- No building codes or permits are posted.
- No lobbying affiliations are available.
- No public records policies are mentioned.
The county's website was upgraded to include financial reports that will reflect how the past months' spending has gone. "As stewards of public tax dollars, we believe that taxpayers should be able to easily see where their money is going," said county Executive L. Brooks Patterson.
Oakland County is governed by a County Executive, currently L. Brooks Patterson, and a Board of Commissioners. The Board of Commissioners is made up of 25 members from 25 equally populated districts. The Board members are elected every two years. The Board is split up into five committees: Finance, General Government, Planning and Building, Public Services, and Personnel.
- Main article: Oakland County employee salaries
|Board of Commissioners||4,326,673|
|Management and Budget||19,929,906|
|Health and Human Services||64,046,507|
|TOTAL General Fund||$388,373,203|
The current property tax rate is 4.19 mills.
In 2010, Oakland County reported $120,000 spent on lobbying.
- Oakland County official website
- Oakland County on InfoMI
- OaklandWeb.com Area links and listings
- Oakland County on ePodunk
- U.S. Census Bureau, "QuickFacts," accessed October 21, 2011
- "Official Oakland County website" "Fiscal Services" accessed April 20, 2012 (timed out)
- Official Oakland County website, "Agendas," accessed April 20, 2012 (dead link)
- "Official Oakland County website" "Commissioners," accessed April 20, 2012 (dead link)
- Official Oakland County website, "County Directory," accessed April 20, 2012
- Official Oakland County website, "Purchasing Division," accessed April 20, 2012
- Official Oakland County website, "Bill Payment," accessed October 21, 2011
- "Official Oakland County website" "Community Zoning Ordinance," accessed April 20, 2012
- Official Oakland County website, "Pay Current Taxes," accessed April 20, 2012
- Oakland Press, "Oakland County government upgrades 'financial transparency' Web site," March 6, 2009, accessed October 21, 2011
- Official Oakland County website, "About the Board of Commissioners," accessed October 21, 2011 (dead link)
- Official Oakland County website, "Standing Committee Members," accessed October 21, 2011
- 'Official Oakland County website "County Directory," accessed October 21, 2011
- [https://web.archive.org/web/2/http://www.oakgov.com/fiscal/info_pub/2011_budget.html Official Oakland County website, "Fiscal Year 2011-2013 Oakland County Annual Line Item Budget & General Appropriations Act," accessed October 21, 2011]
- Oakland County - Open Secrets