Octavia L. Johnson
|Octavia L. Johnson|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||April 1, 2014|
A special election for the position of Virginia House of Delegates District 11 was called for January 7. Candidates were nominated by their party rather than chosen through a primary. The nominating deadline for parties was December 11, 2013. The seat was vacant following Onzlee Ware's (D) resignation on November 14, 2013, to spend time with his family. S. "Sam" Rasoul (D) defeated Octavia L. Johnson (R) in the special election.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 11, Special Election, 2013|
|Democratic||S. "Sam" Rasoul||70.3%||5,129|
|Republican||Octavia L. Johnson||29.7%||2,166|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Octavia + Johnson + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Results are unavailable right now. Please check back later.
- sbe.virginia.gov, "Official candidate list," accessed December 13, 2013
- roanoke.com, " Ware to resign from House of Delegates, citing mother’s poor health," November 14, 2013
- governor.virginia.gov, " Governor McDonnell Sets Date for Special Election in Virginia House District 11," November 27, 2013
- washingtonpost.com, "Va. Senate control hangs in balance as Democrat leads special election by 22 votes," January 7, 2014
- Virginia Secretary of State, "Official special election results," accessed January 22, 2014
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |