Ohio 1923 ballot measures
- Three measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two measures were veto referendums.
- One measure was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Two measures were approved and four were defeated.
On the ballot
|Amendment 1||Labor||Modifies the Workmen's Compensation laws to increase the authority of the Industrial Commission||
|Amendment 2||Suffrage||Eliminates the words "white male" from the Ohio Constitution to provide universal suffrage and conform with the federal Constitution||
|Amendment 3||Voting||Allows for the publication of notice of proposed laws and amendments in newspapers||
|VR||Referendum 1||Taxes||Revises laws relating to taxes, bonds, and budget systems for local governments||
|VR||Referendum 2||Taxes||Establishes the county as the unit for tax assessment of personal property||
|IndISS||Initiative 1||Pension||Provides for a state system of old age pensions||
Note: The proposed amendments and laws were on separate ballots.
- 1923 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Ohio
- Laws governing the initiative process in Ohio
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Ohio
- Historical Ohio Ballot Measure Election Results
- Sample Ballot (in the Hamilton Daily News, November 1, 1923)