Ohio 1955 ballot measures
- One measure on the ballot was an indirect initiated state statute.
- Three measures on the ballot were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One legislatively-referred constitutional amendment was approved, while the other two were defeated along with the indirect initiated state statute.
On the ballot
|Issue 1||Bonds||Authorizes bonds to fund a long range building program for public buildings||
|Issue 2||Gov't Salaries||Provides that compensation of elected officials may be increased or diminished||
|Issue 3||Gov't Salaries||Provides that compensation of judges may be increased or diminished||
|IndISS||Issue 4||Welfare||Increases unemployment compensation||
- 1955 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Ohio
- Laws governing the initiative process in Ohio
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Ohio