Ohio Bonds for Vietnam War Veterans, Issue 4 (1973)
|Ohio Issue 4 (1973)|
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||Shall Section 2 of Article VIII of the Ohio Constitution be adopted to compensate qualified Ohio residents for active duty service in the Armed Forces during the period of February 28, 1961 to July 1, 1973 as to Vietnam service, and August 5, 1964 to July 1, 1973 as to other service by paying a bonus at rates of $20 per month for Vietnam service, $15 per month for other foreign service, and $10 for domestic service, with a maximum cash amount of $500, except that the amount of compensation shall be $500 as to persons medically discharged or retired due to combat related disabilities sustained in Vietnam service, and shall be $1000 if granted to survivors of persons who died as a result of Vietnam service or to other persons and beneficiaries of persons who were missing in action or held in enemy captivity, and any payment shall be doubled if the bonus is taken as educational assistance by the veteran, to provide funds for such compensation and administration expenses by authorizing the issuance of full faith and credit bonds or notes of the state not exceeding $300 million to be paid from state general revenue funds, to mature within 15 years from the respective issuing dates and with none to be issued after April 1, 1977, and also for such purposes, to transfer certain balances from the Korean Contract Compensation and Bond Retirement Funds?
If adopted, this amendment shall take effect January 1, 1974.
- Ohio 1973 ballot measures
- 1973 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio 1970-1979 ballot measures and election results," accessed July 31, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," accessed July 31, 2013
- Toledo Blade, "The Blade's Endorsements," November 5, 1973
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |