Ohio Issue 3, State Legislative Term Limits Initiative (1992)
|Ohio Issue 4 (1992)|
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
To amend Article II, Section 2 of the Ohio Constitution by the addition of the following paragraphs:
No person shall hold the office of State Senator for a period of longer than two successive terms of four years. No person shall hold the office of State Representative for a period longer than four successive terms of two years. Terms shall be considered successive unless separated by a period of four or more years. Only terms beginning on or after January 1, 1993 shall be considered in determining an individual's eligibility to hold office.
In determining the eligibility of an individual to hold an office in accordance with this article, (A) time spent in an office in fulfillment of a term to which another person was first elected shall not be considered provided that a period of at least four years passed between the time, if any, in which the individual previously held that office, and the time the individual is elected or appointed to fill the unexpired term; and (B) and person who is elected to an office in a regularly scheduled election and resigns prior to the completion of the term for which he or she was elected, shall be considered to have served the full term in the office.
Shall the proposed amendment be adopted? 
- Ohio 1992 ballot measures
- 1992 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Ohio Secretary of State, "1990-1999 Official Election Results," accessed July 25, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," accessed July 25, 2013
- Toledo Blade, "Ballot Language for the General Election," October 20, 1992
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |