Ohio Lower Voting Age to 19, Issue 1 (1969)
|Ohio Issue 1 (1969)|
Text of measure
- See also: Ohio Constitution Section 1, Article V
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||Shall section 1 of Article V of the Constitution of the state of Ohio be amended to read as follows:
Sec. 1. Every citizen of United States of the age of 19 years, who shall have been a resident of the state one year next preceding the election, and of the county, township, or ward in which he resides, such time as may be provided by law, shall have the qualification of an elector and be entitled to vote at all elections. Every citizen of United States being 19 years of age who is not entitled to vote at all elections shall be entitled to vote for the choice of electors for president and vice president of United States if he shall have been a resident of the state, county, township, or ward in which he desires to vote such time as may be provided by law, provided that he is not entitled to vote for the choice of electors for president and vice president of the United States in any other state.
EFFECTIVE DATE AND REPEAL
If adopted by a majority of the electors voting on this amendment, the amendment shall take effect January 1, 1970 and existing section 1 of Article V of the Constitution of Ohio shall be repealed from such effective date.
- Ohio 1969 ballot measures
- 1969 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Ohio Secretary of State, "1960-1969 Official Election Results," July 18, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," accessed: July 18, 2012
- Toledo Blade, "The Blade's Endorsements," November 3, 1969
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |