For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Ohio Newspaper Notification of Proposed Amendments, Amendment 1 (1971)
The Ohio Newspaper Notification of Proposed Laws Amendment, also known as Amendment 1, was on the November 2, 1971 ballot in Ohio as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure required newspaper publication of proposed laws or amendments instead of notification by mail.
|Ohio Amendment 1 (1971)|
Election results via: Ohio Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||To require newspaper in lieu of mail notice of laws, proposed laws, or proposed amendments to the Constitution required to be submitted to a vote of the electors
(Prepared by Resolution of the General Assembly of Ohio)
EFFECTIVE DATE AND REPEAL
If adopted, this amendment shall take effect January 1, 1972, and the existing section shall be repealed from such effective date.
The full text of the measure can be read here.
- Ohio 1971 ballot measures
- 1971 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Ohio
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, "Ohio Constitution: Table of Proposed Amendments," accessed February 12, 2015
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Amendment and Legislation: Proposed Constitutional Amendments, Initiated Legislation, and Laws Challenged by Referendum, Submitted to the Electors," accessed February 12, 2015
- State Library of Ohio, "Proposed constitutional amendments, initiated legislation and laws challenged by referendum, submitted to the electors," accessed February 12, 2015
- Toledo Blade, "The Blade's Endorsements," November 1, 1971
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|