Ohio Public Officer Pay Raises, Issue 2 (May 1974)
|Ohio Issue 2 (May 1974)|
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|“||To permit increases in the compensation of Public Officers with more than two years remaining in their terms.
The proposed section 20a of Article II of the Ohio constitution would make an exemption to the constitutional prohibition against increases in the compensation of public officers during term in the case of office holders who have more than two years remaining in their terms at the time the increase is enacted. Increases in such cases would be effective and payable on and after the effective date of the legislation providing the increase.
Shall the proposed amendment be adopted?
- Ohio 1974 ballot measures
- 1974 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio 1970-1979 ballot measures and election results," accessed July 31, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," accessed July 31, 2013
- Youngstown Vindicator, "Vital Issues," May 6, 1974
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |