Ohio Referred Issue 1, Joint Election of Governor and Lieutenant Governor (June 1976)
|Ohio Issue 1 (1976)|
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
To amend Article III, Section 4 and Article V, Section 2a to adopt Article III, Section 1a and 2b and to repeal Article III, Section 16, Ohio Constitution
Section 1b of Article III authorizing the governor to assign duties in the executive department to the lieutenant governor and the repeal of Section 16 of Article III shall not take effect until the second Monday in January, 1979.
Shall the proposed amendment be adopted?
- Ohio 1976 ballot measures
- 1976 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio 1970-1979 ballot measures and election results," accessed July 31, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," accessed July 31, 2013
- Toledo Blade, "The Blade's Endorsements," June 7, 1976
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |