For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Ohio Joint Election of Governor and Lieutenant Governor, Amendment 1, (June 1976)
The Ohio Joint Election of Governor and Lieutenant Governor Amendment, also known as Amendment 1, was on the June 8, 1976 ballot in Ohio as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was approved. The measure required the joint election of the positions of Ohio Governor and Lieutenant Governor. The measure also provided for the duties of the lieutenant governor.
|Ohio Amendment 1 (June 1976)|
Election results via: Ohio Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
To amend Article III, Section 4 and Article V, Section 2a to adopt Article III, Section 1a and 2b and to repeal Article III, Section 16, Ohio Constitution
Section 1b of Article III authorizing the governor to assign duties in the executive department to the lieutenant governor and the repeal of Section 16 of Article III shall not take effect until the second Monday in January, 1979.
Shall the proposed amendment be adopted?
The full text of the measure can be read here.
- Ohio 1976 ballot measures
- 1976 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Ohio
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, "Ohio Constitution: Table of Proposed Amendments," accessed February 13, 2015
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Amendment and Legislation: Proposed Constitutional Amendments, Initiated Legislation, and Laws Challenged by Referendum, Submitted to the Electors," accessed February 13, 2015
- State Library of Ohio, "Proposed constitutional amendments, initiated legislation and laws challenged by referendum, submitted to the electors," accessed February 13, 2015
- Toledo Blade, "The Blade's Endorsements," June 7, 1976
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|