For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Ohio Rail Transportation Services, Amendment 2 (June 1976)
The Ohio Rail Transportation Services Amendment, also known as Amendment 2, appeared on the was on the June 8, 1976 ballot in Ohio as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have provided state and local funds for the construction of rail transportation services.
|Ohio Amendment 2 (1976)|
Election results via: Ohio Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
To adopt section 14 of Article VIII, Ohio Constitution
To authorize the state, local governments, and regional transportation authorities to lend their aid and credit to federal corporations such as Amtrak and Conrail, and to an agency of the state to provide rail transportation service within the state.
Shall the proposed amendment be adopted?
The full text of the measure can be read here.
- Ohio 1976 ballot measures
- 1976 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Ohio
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, "Ohio Constitution: Table of Proposed Amendments," accessed February 13, 2015
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Amendment and Legislation: Proposed Constitutional Amendments, Initiated Legislation, and Laws Challenged by Referendum, Submitted to the Electors," accessed February 13, 2015
- State Library of Ohio, "Proposed constitutional amendments, initiated legislation and laws challenged by referendum, submitted to the electors," accessed February 13, 2015
- Toledo Blade, "The Blade's Endorsements," June 7, 1976
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|