Ohio Referred Issue 3, Timing of the Declaration of Election Results (1976)
|Ohio Issue 3 (1976)|
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
To amend Section 3 of Article III and to repeal section 4 of Article III, Ohio Constitution
To require the declaration of election results for state executive officers at the next regular session of the general assembly, thereby preventing the possibility of a special session of the outgoing general assembly being called for that purpose and to remove obsolete language from the Constitution.
Shall the proposed amendment be adopted?
- Ohio 1976 ballot measures
- 1976 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- List of ballot measures by year
- List of ballot measures by state
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio 1970-1979 ballot measures and election results," accessed July 31, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," accessed July 31, 2013
- Toledo Blade, "Ballot Language, Explanation, Arguments, and Resolutions for Amendments to the Ohio Constitution Proposed by the General Assembly to be Submitted to the Voters at the General Election, November 2, 1976," October 20, 1976
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |