Ohio Payment of Debt by Political Divisions, Amendment 6 (June 1976)
The Ohio Payment of Debt by Political Divisions Amendment, also known as Amendment 6, was on the June 8, 1976 ballot in Ohio as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have required political divisions to make provisions for the payment of debt from taxation and to specify property tax limitations.
|Ohio Amendment 6 (1976)|
Election results via: Ohio Secretary of State
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
To adopt Section 7 and to repeal Section 11 of Article XII, Ohio Constitution
The Secretary of State shall assign Section 11 if on the effective date of the amendment Section 7 is already assigned.
Shall the proposed amendment be adopted?
The full text of the measure can be read here.
- Ohio 1976 ballot measures
- 1976 ballot measures
- List of Ohio ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Ohio
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, "Ohio Constitution: Table of Proposed Amendments," accessed February 13, 2015
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Amendment and Legislation: Proposed Constitutional Amendments, Initiated Legislation, and Laws Challenged by Referendum, Submitted to the Electors," accessed February 13, 2015
- State Library of Ohio, "Proposed constitutional amendments, initiated legislation and laws challenged by referendum, submitted to the electors," accessed February 13, 2015
- Toledo Blade, "The Blade's Endorsements," June 7, 1976
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |
|historical ballot measure article requires that the text of the measure be added to the page.|