The Ohio Regulation of Prison Labor Amendment
, also known as Issue 2
, appeared on the November 7, 1978 ballot
as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment
, where it was approved
This amendment allows the Ohio State Legislature
to regulate prison labor by law.
| Ohio Issue 2 (1978)|
| Yes|| 1,281,941|| 54.19%|
Election results via Ohio Secretary of State.
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
|| Proposed Constitutional Amendment
To amend Section 41 of Article II of the Constitution of Ohio
- To remove the constitutional prohibition and requirement regarding prison labor, allowing the general assembly to regulate this area by law.
- To remove the constitutional restrictions on the sale of prison made goods.
Shall the proposed amendment be adopted?
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio 1970-1979 ballot measures and election results," accessed July 31, 2013
- ↑ Ohio Secretary of State, "A History of Statewide Issue Votes in Ohio," accessed July 31, 2013
- ↑ Sunday Times-Sentinel, "Ballot Language, Explanations, Arguments, and Resolutions for Amendments to the Ohio Constitution Proposed by the general Assembly to be Submitted to the Voters at the General Election, November 7, 1978," October 23, 1978