Ohio Voter Bill of Rights Amendment (2014)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Committee to Represent the Petitioners
- Alicia Reece
- John R. Smith
- Vernon Sykes
- Rev. Otis Moss, Jr.
Text of measure
Path to the ballot
Petitioners had to submit 1,000 signatures with the initial petition filing. The committee petitioning for a voters bill of rights originally submitted an initiative petition on February 4, 2014. That petition was rejected by the Attorney General of Ohio on February 13, 2014, because the summary included in the petition was not a "fair and truthful representation of the proposed amendment." On February 28, 2014, petitioners resubmitted their measure with changes made to the summary to meet the requirements. That version was certified by the attorney general's office on March 10, 2014.
Petitioners were required to gather 385,247 valid signatures by July 2, 2014 in order for the measure to be placed on the November 4, 2014 ballot. Signatures had to be gathered from 44 of Ohio's 88 counties. From each of these 44 counties, signatures had to equal 5 percent of the vote cast for governor in that county in the last election. No signatures were submitted by the prescribed deadline.
- Ohio 2014 ballot measures
- 2014 ballot measures
- Ohio Legislature
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Ohio
- Ohio Attorney General, "Initiative Petition: Ohio Voters Bill of Rights (certified)," accessed May 29, 2014
- Ohio Attorney General, "Initiative Petition: Ohio Voters Bill of Rights (rejected)," accessed May 29, 2014
- Ohio Attorney General, "RE: Proposed Initiated Constitutional Amendment Submitted by Ohioans for a Voters Bill of Rights," February 13, 2014
- Ohio Attorney General, "RE: Proposed Initiated Constitutional Amendment to Amend Article V, Section 1 of the Ohio Constitution, the Ohio Voters Bill of Rights," March 10, 2014
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |