Ohio lieutenant gubernatorial election, 2010
|2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010|
|Current Lt. Governors|
|Lt. Governor Elections|
|2013 • 2012 • 2011 • 2010|
The Ohio lieutenant gubernatorial election of 2010 was held on November 2, 2010. The primary election date was May 4. The deadline for filing nomination papers was January 4 for partisan candidates and March 3 for independents.
In Ohio, as in 20 states, the governor and lt. governor are elected on a single ticket though the entire election cycle. Democratic gubernatorial nominee Ted Strickland selected Yvette McGee Brown while his Republican counterpart, John Kasich, shared a ticket with Mary Taylor. Along with Kasich, Taylor won a narrow victory and will take office in January 2011.
|The November Ballot – Who's Made It? Ohio Lieutenant Governor|
|Yvette McGee Brown||Democrat|
|Margaret Ann Leech||Libertarian|
|This lists candidates who won their state's primary or convention, or who were unopposed, and who have since been officially certified for the November ballot by their state's election authority.|
November 2, 2010 general election results
As of November 12, 2010, 100% of precincts have reported. Results will be certified November 23, 2010. Official results are not yet posted online.
|2010 Ohio lieutenant gubernatorial general election|
|Democratic Party||Yvette McGee Brown||46.74%|
|Republican Party||Mary Taylor||49.33%|
|Libertarian Party||Margaret Ann Leech||2.29%|
|Green Party||Anita Rios||1.51%|
The Ohio lieutenant governorship is an open seat this year, as incumbent Lee Fisher is vying for the Class 3 Senate Seat.
- Yvette McGee Brown, founder of Center for Child and Family Advocacy at Nationwide Children's Hospital and a former judge of the Franklin County Common Pleas Court
- Mary Taylor, the state Auditor, is an accountant by training and a former member of the Ohio House of Representatives
- Anita Rios, Co-Convener of the Ohio Green Party and President of NOW's Toledo chapter.
- Margaret Ann Leech
- Ohio Secretary of State, Elections and Ballot Issues
- Ohio Gubernatorial Overview at RealClearPolitics
- Ohio Gubernatorial Overview at CQ Politics
- The Green Papers, "2010 Gubernatorial Primaries at a Glance"
- Ohio Secretary of State, “2010 Elections Results”, accessed September 14, 2010
- [http://vote.sos.state.oh.us/pls/enrpublic/f?p=130:105:0::NO::P105_RACE_OR_ISSUE_ID:3B4F1DE2CACF4EF1BED377F9E8A33444 Ohio Secretary of State, "Live Unofficial Election Results", accessed November 12, 2010'
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |