For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oklahoma State Department of Education
|Oklahoma Department of Education|
|FY 2014 Budget:||$3.03 billion|
|Website:||Department Home Page|
Oklahoma school districts
List of school districts in Oklahoma
Public education in Oklahoma
School board elections portal
|“||Our mission at the Oklahoma State Department of Education, is to improve student success through: service to schools, parents and students; leadership for education reform; and regulation/deregulation of state and federal laws to provide accountability while removing any barriers to student success.||”|
- Office of Financial Services: Mathangi Shankar
- Press and Communications Office: Phil Bacharach
- Federal Programs Office: Ramona Coats
- Office of Chief Counsel: Kim Richey
- Policy Office: Colleen Flory
- Executive Assistant: Liz Young
The Department of Education has eight divisions managed by assistant superintendents listed below:
- Administrative Services Division: Liz Young
- Accreditation and Standards Division: Lynn Jones
- Professional Services Division: Sabrina Salmon
- Financial Services Division: Nancy Hughes
- Special Education Services Division: Rene Axtell
- School Improvement Division: Richard Caram
- Fiscal Services Division: Mathangi Shankar
- Legal Services Division: Kim Richey
State Board of Education
The State Board of Education is the governing board of the public school system of the state of Oklahoma. The Board is composed of six members and the Superintendent of Education. The six members are appointed by the Governor with the consent of the Oklahoma Senate. Members serve six year terms with a term expiring every year. Members are required to have a high school diploma or certificate of high school equivalency.
The Oklahoma State Department of Education does not have an organizational chart available on their website.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Oklahoma + Department + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Oklahoma school districts
- Public education in Oklahoma
- School board elections portal
- Oregon Department of Education, "FY-2014 Executive Budget," accessed January 21, 2014
- Oklahoma State Courts Network, "Chapter 1 - School Code of 1971," accessed July 21, 2014
- Ok.gov, "Oklahoma public school enrollment increases," accessed January 21, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Oklahoma Department of Education, "State Education Boards, accessed February 20, 2014
- Oklahoma State Courts Network, "Title 70. Schools," accessed February 20, 2014
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |
Oklahoma State Department of Education | Oklahoma school districts |