Oklahoma House Bill 2246, 2009
Randy Terrill, clarifies ballot title requirements and provides for laws governing petition circulators similar to those recommended by the 10th Circuit Court.
- Senate Bill 852, authored by Sen. Brogdon, also proposes to extend petition circulation from 90 days to 1 year.
- Senate Joint Resolution 13 will appear on the 2010 state ballot.
- Senate Bill 800 passed both houses of the Oklahoma Legislature and was signed by Gov. Brad Henry on May 26, 2009.
- Changes in 2009 to laws governing the initiative process
- Laws governing the initiative process in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry vetoes new signature requirements
- Several Oklahoma bills aim to open up initiative process
- Ballot Access News,"Another Bill Easing Initiatives Passes Oklahoma Legislature," May 21,2009
- Associated Press, "Government group criticizes Henry veto of bill involving initiative petitions," June 8, 2009
- OFRG Blog, "The disenfranchisement of three million Oklahomans."June 8, 2009