Oklahoma Open Books
Open Books is a website run by the state of Oklahoma. In addition to providing search tools to find the finances of different government agencies and functions Open Books provides quick links on the following topics:
- What are the top 10 state appropriations?
- Where does the state spend its money?
- What are the state's Spending Restrictions?
- What is the Rainy Day Fund?
- Oklahoma's Education Lottery
- Where does the state's money come from?
- What are the State's Investment Earnings?
- How much has the State received from the Gaming Compact?
The Oklahoma website is an excellent example of the type of transparency tool every state should have available.