Oklahoma State Question No. 685 (2000)
The official ballot summary reads:
This measure amends the State Constitution. It will allow a county in increase property taxes by up to two and one-half mills to support county health departments. The new tax will only be allowed in counties with more than 500,000 persons. The new tax must be approved by county voters.
This amendment failed with 403,874 voters supporting the initiative, and 730,859 voters in opposition.
- List of Oklahoma ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Oklahoma
- Laws governing the initiative process in Oklahoma
- Campaign finance requirements for Oklahoma ballot measures
- Oklahoma 2000 ballot measures
- Oklahoma signature requirements
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |