Oklahoma State Question No. 698 (2002)
The official ballot summary reads:
This measure amends the Oklahoma Constitution. It amends Section 2 of Article 5. It changes the number of legal voters needed to propose an amendment to the law of this state. At present 8% of the legal voters are required to propose a change in the law. This measure will change the number of legal voters to 15%. It would only apply to certain types of laws. It would apply to laws that would do away with methods for hunting, fishing, or trapping. It would also apply to laws that would do away with occupations dealing with animals. Also, it would apply to laws that would do away with sporting or entertainment events dealing with animals.
The measure failed with 46.5% of voters in approval, and 53.5% saying no.
- List of Oklahoma ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Oklahoma
- Laws governing the initiative process in Oklahoma
- Campaign finance requirements for Oklahoma ballot measures
- Oklahoma 2002 ballot measures
- Oklahoma signature requirements