Olentangy Local School District elections (2013)
|General Election date:|
Method of election
What's at stake?
Olentangy Local School District
Delaware County, Ohio ballot measures
Local ballot measures, Ohio
Two seats on the Olentangy Local School District Board were up for election on November 5, 2013. Incumbents Dave King and Julie Wagner Feasel kept their seats, defeating challengers Brian Helwig and Katy Barricklow for the two at-large seats.
About the district
- See also: Olentangy Local School District, Ohio
In terms of graduation rate, average household income and poverty rate, Delaware County overperformed in these areas by a fairly wide margin. The graduation rate was 95.9% compared to 87.8% statewide. The average household income was $90,022 compared to $48,071 in the entire state. The poverty rate was 4.5%, while the poverty rate for Ohio was 14.8%.
|Racial Demographics, 2010|
|Race||Delaware County (%)||Ohio (%)|
|Hispanic or Latino||2.3||3.3|
|Two or More Races||2.3||2.0|
Method of board member selection
The Olentangy Local School Board is composed of five members that are elected at-large. There was no primary election on September 10, 2013 and the general election was held on November 5, 2013. Two seats on the board will be up for election in 2013 and three seats will be on the ballot on November 3, 2015.
Candidates for the Olentangy Local School Board must be 18 years old, a resident of the district and not hold city office concurrent to board service.
Four candidates declared their intentions to run for two at-large seats on the Olentangy Local School Board.
- Katy Barricklow
- Graduate, Ohio State University
- Local committee member
- Brian Helwig
- VP of Operations
- Volunteer EMT
- Dave King
- Graduate, Ohio University
- Architect, business owner
- Julie Wagner Feasel
- Graduate, Saint Mary's College
- VP of Communications
|Olentangy Local School District, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Julie Wagner Feasel Incumbent||36.4%||8,095|
|Nonpartisan||Dave King Incumbent||33.3%||7,416|
|Source: Delaware County Board of Elections, "Election Summary Report for General Election in Delaware County, Ohio," accessed December 13, 2013|
No endorsements were made in this election.
What was at stake?
Four candidates vied for two at-large seats on the Olentangy Local School Board on November 5, 2013. Both incumbents filed for re-election.
The following dates were key deadlines for the Olentangy Local Board of Education elections in 2013:
|August 7, 2013||Last day to file nominating petitions for local nonpartisan races|
|October 24, 2013||Filing deadline for pre-election expense reports|
|November 5, 2013||Election day|
|November 26, 2013||Certification of election results by county officials|
|December 13, 2013||Filing deadline for post-election expense reports|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Olentangy + Local + School + District + Ohio"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Olentangy Local School District
- List of school board elections in 2013
- Delaware County, Ohio ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Ohio
- Financial policies, education standards at stake in November school board elections
- School board election wrap-up: Incumbents re-elected overwhelmingly in November 5 elections
- School board elections review: Voters opt for experience over new blood in nation's largest school districts
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Delaware County," Accessed October 21, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2013 Candidate Guide," Accessed September 20, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Elections & Voting: Campaign Finance," accessed December 23, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2013 Election Calendar," Accessed September 20, 2013