For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Alabama House of Representatives District 58|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama-Birmingham|
|Date of birth||March 13, 1960|
|Profession||Retired Pro Basketball Player|
Robinson was previously a professional basketball player with the San Antonio Spurs.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Robinson served on the following committees:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Education Policy, Ranking member|
|• Financial Services|
|• Military and Veterans' Affairs|
Robinson served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
|Alabama Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Financial Services|
|• Jefferson County Legislation|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Oliver Robinson was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Robinson won re-election to the 58th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Robinson raised $175,163 for his campaign, while Rutledge raised $2,400.
|Alabama State House, District 58 (2006)|
|Oliver Robinson (D)||7,178|
|Richard Rutledge (R)||2,156|
In 2010, Robinson raised $105,850 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama State Employees Association||$5,000|
|Newsome Lan LLC||$5,000|
In 2006, Robinson collected $175,163 in donations.
Below are Robinson's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Oliver & Sarina Robinson||$35,000|
|Business Council of Alabama||$20,000|
|Seth Hammett Campaign||$11,000|
|AL Education Assoc||$10,150|
Robinson and his wife, Sakina, have three children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of March 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Oliver + Robinson + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Oliver Robinson
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed December 31, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Robinson
|Alabama House District 58
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|