Ordinance, Kansas Constitution
| Ordinance • Preamble • Bill of Rights|
1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15
| Text of Ordinance:
WHEREAS, The government of the United States is the proprietor of a large portion of the lands included in the limits of the state of Kansas as defined by this constitution; and,
WHEREAS, The state of Kansas will possess the right to tax said lands for purposes of government, and for other purposes; Now, therefore,
Be it ordained by the people of Kansas:
That the right of the state of Kansas to tax such lands is relinquished forever, and the state of Kansas will not interfere with the title of the United States to such lands, nor with any regulation of congress in relation thereto, nor tax nonresidents higher than residents: Provided always, That the following conditions be agreed to by congress:
- State constitution
- Constitutional article
- Constitutional amendment
- Constitutional revision
- Constitutional convention
- Kansas State Library, "Kansas Constitution"
- Kansapedia: Kansas State Historical Society, "Wyandotte Constitution"
- Kansapedia: Kansas State Historical Society, "Kansas Constitutions"
- Heller, Francis H. (2011) The Kansas State Constitution, New York, New York: Oxford University Press
- Wilder, D.W. (1875). The Annals of Kansas
- Cutler, William G. (1883) History of the State of Kansas, Chicago, Illinois: A. T. Andreas
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |