Oregon 1940 ballot measures
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were veto referendums.
- Two of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- One of the measures was an initiated constitutional amendment.
- All nine of the measures were defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||Term Limits||Removes term limits for the Secretary of State and Treasurer||
|Measure 2||Taxes||Institutionalizes a given tax levy after voters approved such a levy for three successive years prior||
|Measure 3||Banking||Repeals constitutional provisions regarding the double liability of stockholders of state banks to the depositors of said banks||
|Measure 4||Gov't Salaries||Fixes legislatures’ pay at $8 per day, refunds legislatures 10 cents per every mile travelled to and from the capital and gives presiding offers an additional one-half daily pay||
|VR||Measure 5||Elections||Moves the primary nominating elections from May to September||
|VR||Measure 6||Alcohol||Requires licenses to sell alcohol to consumers||
|CISS||Measure 7||Alcohol||Repeals a law allowing only the liquor control commission to sell alcoholic beverages and thereby allows private entities to import, manufacture and sell alcoholic beverages||
|Measure 8||Gambling||Legalizes games of skill, provides for the licensing of such and disburses license revenues to public fairs, expositions and old-age public assistance||
|CISS||Measure 9||Food & Agri||Repeals the Oregon Milk Control Law, which provides supervision and regulation of the milk industry||
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1938-1947
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1940