Oregon 1942 ballot measures
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were veto referendums.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Five of the measures were approved and two defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||Gov't Salaries||Fixes legislatures’ pay at $8 per day, reimburses them 10 cents per mile travelled to and from the capital and gives presiding officers an additional one-half daily pay||
|Measure 2||Welfare||Repeals the Rural Credits Loan Fund, which provides loans to farmers and others living in rural areas||
|Measure 3||Taxes||Allocates revenues from motor fuel and vehicle taxes for public highways and for recreational, scenic and historic places||
|Measure 4||Elections||Changes constitutional provisions stating that convicts and the “mentally-diseased” cannot have voting rights to allow for exceptions and future changes by law||
|VR||Measure 5||Taxes||Levies a one-tenth of one cent tax on selling, handling or distributing a cigarette||
|VR||Measure 6||Hunt & Fish||Prohibits all net fishing in coastal streams and bays, except those waters exempted||
|CISS||Measure 7||Education||Provides that all revenue from income taxes in excess of $7,750,000 in any year shall be distributed to public school districts and union high school districts||
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1938-1947
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1942