Oregon 1954 ballot measures
- Four of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Three of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Four of the measures were approved and four were defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||Salaries||Grants the legislature power to fix the salaries of legislatures||
|Measure 2||Redistricting||Authorizes the legislature to divide counties with more than one senator or representative into subdistricts||
|LRSS||Measure 3||Healthcare||Declares a previously authorized domiciliary hospital for the aged mentally ill to be located within a twenty-mile radius of the Multnomah County Courthouse||
|Measure 4||Direct Democracy||Increases the number of voters’ signatures required to put a constitutional amendment on the ballot from 8% to 10% of the legal voters who voted for the justice of the Supreme Court at the previous regular election||
|Measure 5||Taxes||Limits the maximum levy of state property tax to six mills, unless a higher levy is authorized by voters||
|CISS||Measure 6||Time||Institutes daylight savings time throughout the State of Oregon||
|CISS||Measure 7||Hunt & Fish||Prohibits fishing for salmon or trout by any method except hook and line in any coastal stream||
|CISS||Measure 8||Food & Agri||Repeals laws that regulate the production, distribution and sale of milk||
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1948-1956
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1954