Oregon 1956 ballot measures
- Five of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- One of the measures was a veto referendum.
- One of the measures was an initiated state statute.
- Four of the measures were approved and three were defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||Taxes||Authorizes the legislature to place an emergency clause on any tax law, thus permitting the tax to become effective immediately, and provides that tax suspensions can not occur due to a filed initiative petition||
|Measure 2||Admin of Gov't||Allows the state to accept, hold and dispose of corporate stock which has been gifted to the state by will||
|Measure 3||Gov't Salaries||Fixes the annual salary of the Governor and Secretary of State at $1,500, Treasurer at $800 and Supreme Court Judges at $2,000||
|Measure 4||Admin of Gov't||Authorizes the legislature to prescribe qualifications for the offices of county coroner and county surveyor||
|Measure 5||Gov't Salaries||Increases the annual salaries of state legislators from $600 to $1,200||
|VR||Measure 6||Taxes||Imposes a sales tax of three cents on a package of cigarettes||
|CISS||Measure 7||Hunt & Fish||Prohibits fishing for salmon or trout by any method except hook and line in any coastal streams, but continues to allow commercial chum salmon fishing in Tillamook Bay||
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1948-1956
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1956