Oregon 1964 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Three of the measures were approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||Bonds||Authorizes bonds for an education building program||
|Measure 1||Death Penalty||Abolishes the death penalty for first degree murder and instead makes the penalty life imprisonment||
|Measure 2||Property||Allows the state to lease public property for a period not to exceed twenty years||
|CISS||Measure 3||Labor||Requires employers to provide employees with workers’ compensation from a compulsory state system||
|CISS||Measure 4||Hunt & Fish||Prohibits commercial fishing for salmon and steelhead from all state inland waters||
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1958-1970
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1964
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |