Oregon 1977 ballot measures
- All five of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Three of the measures were approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||Elections||Limits school districts to two elections per year for authorizing a tax levy outside their tax base|
|Measure 2||Veterans||Authorizes the Oregon War Veterans’ Fund to be used to aid veterans’ organizations and services|
|Measure 3||Gov't Finance||Increases indebtedness for the bonds for veterans’ loans from six percent to eight percent of the value of property within the state|
|Measure 1||Gov't Finance||Permits state bonded indebtedness to create the Water Development Fund|
|Measure 2||Energy||Provides for the development of nonnuclear natural energy resources through public and private utilities|
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1972-1978
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet May 1977
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1977