Oregon 1988 ballot measures
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred constitutional amendments.
- Two of the measures were legislatively-referred state statutes.
- Five of the measures were initiated state statutes.
- Seven of the measures were approved and three were defeated.
On the ballot
|Measure 1||Gov't Finance||Authorizes the Water Development Fund to grant loans for fish protection and watershed restoration|
|LRSS||Measure 2||Transportation||Requires that motorcyclists and their passengers wear helmets|
|Measure 1||State Exec||Extends the deadline for the governor to veto legislation after the legislature|
|Measure 2||Gov't Finance||Allows the Common School Fund to be invested in corporate stocks and authorizes the State Land Board to use revenue from such stock|
|LRSS||Measure 3||Transportation||Requires seat-belts for motor vehicle drivers and passengers and penalizes those forgoing seat-belts|
|CISS||Measure 4||Law Enforcement||Eliminates probation, parole and “indeterminate sentences” for persons convicted of certain offenses|
|CISS||Measure 5||Taxes||Increases taxes on malt beverages and cigarettes in order to finance an Intercollegiate Athletic Fund|
|CISS||Measure 6||Tobacco||Bans public smoking in most indoor places|
|CISS||Measure 7||Environment||Adds more river sections to the “scenic waterways” system|
|CISS||Measure 8||LGBT||Revokes the governor’s authority to ban discrimination based on sexual orientation in state executive department employment and services|
- Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1988-1995
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1988