Oregon Audits Director
|Oregon Audits Director|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2011-2013 FY Budget:||$16,494,422|
|Authority:||Oregon Constitution, Article VI, Section 2|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Secretary of State|
|Assumed office:||June 2009|
|Other Oregon Executive Offices|
|Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
Article VI, Section 2:
|The Secretary of State... shall be by virtue of his office, Auditor of public Accounts, and shall perform such other duties as shall be assigned him by law.|
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches the constitutional or statutory text that establishes the requirements necessary to qualify for a state executive office. That information for the Oregon Audits Director has not yet been added. After extensive research we were unable to identify any relevant information on state official websites. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
Chapter 177.170 of the Oregon Statutes stipulates "the Secretary of State shall designate one person employed by the Division of Audits of the Offices of the Secretary of State to be responsible for reports of waste, inefficiency or abuse received through the Government Waste Hotline or received by the secretary through any other method."
In the event of a vacancy in the office, the secretary of state shall appoint a successor.
The Audits Division's mission is "to protect the public interest and improve Oregon government." To that end, duties of the Auditor include:
- Ensuring public funds are properly accounted for
- Ensure public funds are spent in accordance with legal requirements
- Ensure public funds are used to their best advantage
- Local Government Audits
- State Audits & Reviews
The budget for the Audits Division in Fiscal Year 2011-2013 was $16,949,422.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Oregon Audits Director has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Oregon + Audits + Director
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
255 Capitol St NE, Suite 500
Salem, OR 97310-1327
Phone: (503) 986-2255
Government waste hotline: 1-800-336-8218
- Governor: John Kitzhaber (D)
- Attorney General: Ellen Rosenblum (D)
- Audits Director: Gary Blackmer
- Secretary of State: Kate Brown (D)
- Director of Agriculture: Katy Coba
- Treasurer of State: Ted Wheeler (D)
- Oregonblogspot.us, "A few questions for: Gary Blackmer - audits divisions director," September 28, 2009
- Oregon Statutes: 177.180," accessed September 29, 2011 (dead link)
- Oregon Secretary of State, " About the Oregon Audits Division," accessed December 22, 2012
- Oregon Legislative Fiscal Office, "Analysis in the 2011-13 Legislatively Adopted Budget," accessed April 10, 2013
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," January 28, 2014
- The Council of State Governments, "The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," accessed May 14, 2011