Oregon Ballot Measure 53 (2008)
|Not on Ballot|
| This measure did not or |
will not appear on a ballot
Oregon Ballot Measure 53 (2008) was a citizen initiated state statute that would have required the court, in specified circumstances, to sanction attorneys who file frivolous pleading in civil action. It did not make the November 4, 2008 ballot.
Glenn Pelikan, R. Russell Walker, and Michael Reeder
Proponents submitted signatures by the July 3, 2008 deadline, but not enough were valid to qualify the initiative for the ballot.
- Oregon 2008 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Oregon
- Laws governing the initiative process in Oregon
- Oregon signature requirements
- Information and status on this initiative from the Secretary of State