Oregon Ban on Non-Angling Fishing in Coastal Streams, Measure 7 (1954)
The Oregon Ban on Non-Angling Fishing in Coastal Streams Act, also known as Measure 7, was on the November 2, 1954 ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute, where it was defeated. The measure would have prohibited fishing for salmon or trout by any method except hook and line in any coastal stream south of the Columbia River.
Measure 7 of 1956 was approved by voters and prohibited fishing for salmon and trout by any method except angling in any coastal stream.
|Oregon Measure 7 (1954)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Proposed by Initiative Petition
7. PROHIBITING CERTAIN FISHING IN COASTAL STREAMS - Purpose: To prohibit any person from fishing for salmon or trout by any method except hook and line in any coastal stream south of the Columbia River. Ban would also extend in a three-mile radius from mouth of the streams. Imposing penalties. Fish Commission may except Tillamook Bay chum salmon.
- Oregon 1954 ballot measures
- 1954 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1948-1956
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1954
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 21, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |