Oregon Bonds for Irrigation and Drainage Districts, Measure 3 (June 1919)
The Oregon Bonds for Irrigation and Drainage Districts Amendment, also known as Measure 3, was on the June 3, 1919 ballot in Oregon as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure provided for the issuance and sale of state bonds for the creation of irrigation and drainage districts.
|Oregon Measure 3 (1919)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Constitutional Amendment - Referred to the People by the Legislative Assembly
Submitted by the legislature. - STATE BOND PAYMENT OF IRRIGATION AND DRAINAGE DISTRICT BOND INTEREST - Purpose: Payment by state of irrigation and drainage district bond interest for first five years by issuing state bonds and repayment of money with interest to state by such districts, six months after maturity of such district bonds, on condition that such districts are found on examination by state commission to comply with required conditions. --- Vote YES or NO.
Path to the ballot
- Oregon 1919 ballot measures
- 1919 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1916-1921
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1919
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 11, 2013
- Oregon Blue Book, "Oregon State Constitution," accessed November 5, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.