Oregon Call for Federal Constitutional Convention to Consider Townsend Plan, Measure 7 (1938)
The Oregon Call for Federal Constitutional Convention to Consider Townsend Plan Bill, also known as Measure 7, was on the November 8, 1938 ballot in Oregon as a constitutional convention question, where it was approved. The measure called for a constitutional convention of the United States to consider an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would provide for the Townsend Plan.
|Oregon Measure 7 (1938)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language appeared on the ballot as:
Referendum Ordered by Petition of the People
TOWNSEND PLAN BILL - Purpose: By vote of the people to authorize and direct the state legislature to apply to the United States Congress to call a national convention for the purpose of proposing an amendment to the United States Constitution to provide for the establishment and operation of the philosophy and principles of what is commonly spoken of as the Townsend Plan, Townsend Old-Age Pension Plan or Townsend National Recovery Plan, and identified as the General Welfare Congressional Bill of 1937.
312. Yes. I vote for the proposed measure.
313. No. I vote against the proposed measure. 
- Oregon 1938 ballot measures
- 1938 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1938-1947
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1938
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet," accessed November 18, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |